WHAT IS THE 2020 CENSUS?
The data collected provides lawmakers, business owners, school systems, and even REALTORS®, with information that enhances economic prosperity across the county. Critical federal funding for hospitals, fire departments, schools, roads, and over 100 community programs and services is allocated based upon Census data, as well as Congressional representation and the determination of how congressional and state legislative districts are drawn. It is estimated that the 2020 Census will drive $1.5 trillion in federal funds that support essential public policy programs across the country. Your response is needed by September 30, 2020.
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
For REALTORS®, participation in the Census allows the industry to forecast growth locally and nationally, evaluate consumer needs and housing demands, analyze migration trends to identify potential clientele, and determine areas of the state that are likely to be or have been affected by natural disasters. Together, we can spread the word on the importance of participating in the 2020 Census because #COREALTORSCount.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR 2020 CENSUS QUESTIONNAIRE:
This process takes less than 10 minutes in one sitting. The information provided remains confidential as it is protected by strict federal law. You can respond in one of three ways:
- By Phone
- By Mail Using a Paper Form
WAYS YOUR ASSOCIATION CAN ENGAGE AND BRING AWARENESS:
- Host a virtual community or census event, like a townhall or webinar with community members;
- Run a social media campaign or other public awareness campaign using hashtags such as #COREALTORSCount, #REALTORSCount, #2020census, and/or #BeCounted;
- Include census information in weekly newsletters;
- Post a blog or video message about the census; and/or
- Start a census challenge to encourage participation.
NAR has also created videos, shareable graphics, sample social media posts, talking points, and other content that are available below or at nar.realtor/census.