Capitol Connection – Feb. 12, 2021
We’ve past groundhog day and it’s another four months of legislative session to go, this time into June after the General Assembly took a month long Covid-19 pause. While the air may be chilly this President’s holiday weekend, our Legislative Policy Committee is gearing up for a very busy session starting on Tuesday, Feb. 16 where we might see 150 bills introduced in the first week back to work.
Here’s the top 4 things we’re watching hit the news and policy arena this week:
1. New Covid-19 Dial 2.0
New Covid-19 Dial 2.0 was introduced as many counties move from Orange to Yellow as our vaccination schedule continues and pandemic cases decrease. The Dial 2.0 is an update that changes the incidence metrics for each level, lowering the threshold of cases that must be met to restore personal freedoms and business activities. The change moved counties-including Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Douglas, Jefferson, El Paso and Larimer-from Orange to Yellow level, allowing capacity levels of 50% or a maximum of 100 people indoors. Restaurants did receive a bump, with a capacity increase to 150 people when using the social distancing calculator. Dial 2.0 also moved 22 counties to Blue Level, allowing 175 people indoors. The Governor said that as more Coloradans receive the vaccine, the state could revisit the dial to further ease restrictions.
Click here for more information on Colorado’s vaccination plan.
2. REALTOR® Meeting Updates
Mid-year NAR Meetings in DC (read announcement here), CAR Spring Summit is going virtual and Region 11 is rescheduled to July 2021
3. Economic Summit and REALTOR® Day at the Capitol Panels
In case you missed it, here’s your opportunity to watch the videos:
Wednesday, Jan. 27
- Both morning sessions with Lawrence Yun and Patty Silverstein are available on CAR’s YouTube channel.
- Lawrence Yun’s PowerPoint presentation
- Patty Silverstein’s PowerPoint presentation
Thursday, Jan. 28
- The “CSI-Colorado’s Road to Recovery” session is available on CAR’s YouTube channel.
- The CSI Panel’s presentation
- Other Resources provided during the CSI Session:
- To sign up for the Colorado Business Roundtable and our Faces of Business Campaign, visit cobrt.com.
- Common Sense Institute’s jobs and unemployment report
- Colorado Talent Pipeline report
- Colorado Registered Apprenticeship Programs Directory
- Resources provided during the 2021 NAR Federal Update Session of REALTOR® Day:
4. CAR Turns 100
There is now a page on the CAR website site dedicated to CAR’s 100 Years. More information and details will be added shortly at coloradorealtors.com/100years.
We’ve started posting about CAR’s 100 Years on Social Media. Check the CAR Facebook page each Thursday. Maybe even share a photo or memory occasionally. We will be posting throw-back Thursday posts from each era.
Robert and Tyrone just did a One Thing video on our celebration. Please view and share with your members.
Common Sense Institute Studies