CAR Honors Amy Dorsey at CAR Convention
Amy Dorsey as REALTOR® of the Year; select members throughout state also honored for distinguished service.
Amy Dorsey, former president of the Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR), was named Colorado REALTOR® of the Year at the Association’s annual convention in Denver.
Dorsey, Branch Broker of the Park Hyatt Office, the Charter and the Highland’s Office with Slifer Smith and Frampton in Vail, Colo., served as CAR president in 2009 capping many years of service to CAR, the Vail Board of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
“I am truly honored to be recognized by my fellow Colorado REALTORS®,” said Dorsey. “There are so many deserving leaders in our Association.”
Dorsey began her real estate career in Vail during the late 1970s working in both residential and commercial real estate. Her vast and diverse experiences in the real estate industry and community efforts have been a foundation to her success in real estate and life. Dorsey is an advocate of professional development and has obtained real estate designations of CIPS, MRE, GRI, CRS and RSPS.
“Amy is the epitome of the true meaning of being a REALTOR®. She is a great leader, mentor and is very passionate about the industry and people,” said Don Flynn, CEO of the Colorado of Association of REALTORS®.
Dorsey is also a member of the RPAC (REALTOR® Political Action Committee) and CAR Hall of Fames. Her leadership and unselfishness garnered her Vail REALTOR® of the Year and in 2006 and 2009 she received the Presidential Distinguished Service Award from the Colorado Association of REALTORS®.
In addition to honoring Dorsey, outgoing CAR President Keith Kanemoto presented the President’s Distinguished Service Award to five individuals. The award honors outstanding contributions to the real estate industry and the association. Honorees were:
- Jolon Ruch (Keller Williams Realty, Westminster)
- Larry McGee (The Berkshire Group, Denver)
- Derek Camunez (Re/Max Avenues, Denver)
- Don Flynn (Colorado Association of REALTORS®)
- Steve Morgan (Colorado Association of REALTORS®)
Additional awards presented during the convention included:
- Gus Williams Colorado Young Professional Network REALTOR® of the Year- Leanne Goff (Flatirons Realty, Louisville)
- RLI REALTOR® of the Year – Art Girten (Girten Land Company, Breckenridge)
- Bill Good Award – Tony Rose (Rose Real Estate, Colorado Springs)
- RPAC Ambassador of the Year Award – Kay Watson (Metro Brokers, Centennial)
CAR also recognized nine members with the Omega Tau Rho Award – the REALTOR® Society which pays tribute to the service of professionals throughout the United States. Award winners were:
- Michael Easter (Rocky Mountain Property Management, Loveland)
- Tiffany Lynn Jackson (Dunton Commercial, Northern Colorado)
- Tracy Charlene Knupp (Grubb & Ellis, Colorado Springs)
- Mitchell Zatz (Jones Lang LaSalle, Denver)
- Donna Major (Re/Max Realty, Colorado Springs)
- Patricia Clark (Metro Brokers, Denver)
- David Banzhaf (Beacon Mountain Ranch & Land, Lone Tree)
- Larry Clarke (Equity Colorado Real Estate, Denver)
- Dan Bloomquist (Re/Max Alliance, Denver)
New inductees to the Colorado Association of REALTORS® Hall of Fame (individuals who have made a cumulative lifetime investment of more than $10,000) are:
- Gary Morton (Gary Morton Real Estate, Highlands Ranch)
- Keith Kanemoto (Prudential Rocky Mountain REALTORS®, Longmont)
- Everett Patterson (Patterson Group REALTORS® Colorado Springs)
- Carolyn Osnowitz (Re/Max Pueblo-Central, Pueblo)
- Mark Donahue (Realty Executives of Durango, Durango)
- John Cooley (Cooley Investment Company, Aspen)
New inductees to the National Association of REALTORS® Hall of Fame (individuals who have made a cumulative lifetime investment of more than $25,000)are:
- Michael Labout (ERA Real Estate, Colorado Springs)
- Kit Cowperthwaite (Distinctive Properties Ltd, Denver)