CAR Announces 2014 Leadership; Jolon Ruch Installed as President
The Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR) installed its 2013-2014 Leadership Council during the organization’s 93nd annual State Convention held in Denver this week.
Jolon Ruch, a broker with the Main Street Group at Keller Williams Realty, was installed as CAR president. A long time resident of Broomfield, Ruch has been involved in the real estate business for more than 25 years and licensed since 1996.
A former president of the North Metro Denver REALTOR® Association (2006), Ruch has been the recipient of the Association’s REALTOR® of the Year Award, and Rookie of the Year Award. In addition, she has served in numerous volunteer leadership positions with the North Metro Denver, Colorado and National Associations of REALTORS®.
“We’re very excited to welcome Jolon as our president and leader for the coming year,” said CAR CEO/CFO Don Flynn. “She brings tremendous experience both as a real estate professional and an organizational leader to this position. Throughout her work at the local, state and national levels, Jolon has earned the trust of her peers and the confidence of our entire statewide membership.”
Other top officers who will serve with Ruch are:
- David Barber (Re/Max Unlimited Inc, Aurora) – President-Elect
- Ann Hayes (Keller Williams Realty, Grand Junction) – Treasurer
- Keith Kanemoto (Prudential Rocky Mountain REALTORS®, Denver) – Immediate Past President
- Greg Zadel (Zadel Realty, Firestone) – Appointed Past President
The board’s main responsibilities include leading and coordinating volunteer efforts of the association aimed at maintaining stability in Colorado’s real estate industry, protecting private property rights, supporting efforts for affordable housing opportunities and providing resources and services designed to help Colorado REALTORS® succeed in their business.
Other members of the 2013-14 Leadership Council:
District Vice Presidents:
- Justin Knoll (Coldwell Banker, Denver) – Metro District
- Doug Landin (Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate, Vail) – Mountain District
- Chris Guillan (Re/Max Advanced Inc, Ft. Collins) – Northeast District
- Vicki Burns (Brass Key Realty Ltd., Craig) – Northwest District
- Tony Rose (Rose Real Estate, Colorado Springs) – Southeast District
- Carol Click (Re/Max Mesa Verde Realty, Cortez) – Southwest District
Division Vice Presidents:
- Julie Retzlaff (Sonnenalp Real Estate, Vail) – Member Services
- Jeffrey Martin (The Group Inc, Ft. Collins) – Government Affairs
- Marjorie Genova (Re/Max 4000 Inc, Grand Junction) – Board Services
- Amanda Erickson (Durango Area Association of REALTORS®, Durango) – Association Executive Representative
- Don Flynn (CAR CEO/CFO, Denver)
- Lauren Emery (IRES MLS, Loveland) Immediate Past Association Executive Representative