The Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR) Education Foundation provides financial resources to educate Colorado residents about intricacies of buying and selling a home.
Since 1960, the CAR Education has funded various activities that educate the public in Colorado about real estate. The Education Foundation funded the first real estate Dean at a major university in Colorado, sponsored annual real estate Career Fairs for college students, provided scholarships and internships to college students interested in entering the real estate field, sponsored educational homeownership programs, distributed thousands of free It’s Your Move books to high school students, funded homebuyer counseling programs and provided financial support for the Foreclosure Prevention Hotline.
It’s Your Move
It’s Your Move (IYM) is a free educational program that is designed to teach the many facets of renting, buying and selling real estate. This includes what to look for when shopping for a place to live, tenant rights and responsibilities, housing discrimination, landlord rights and responsibilities, property values, leases, contracts and the types of loans available for housing.
Other things you should know about It’s Your Move
- It’s a program that prepares young people for when they are on their own, looking for housing.
- It’s designed to be adopted in family living/home economics type courses for High School students.
- It’s offered FREE of any cost to Colorado high schools by the Colorado Association of REALTORS®.
- It has lists of intriguing activities and projects to emphasize message to students, as well as examples of guest speakers that can be called upon for presentations.
- It does not promote any action or individuals and is provided solely as a public service. To help ensure this, it is a requirement that the course be taught by a teacher at the school.
Please contact your local Board or Association or the Colorado Association of REALTORS® at 303-790-7099 or Communications@ColoradoREALTORS.com for more information.